Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday Weigh In ~ 235

This has been a good week. Three pounds gone and I'm feeling pretty good. We were blessed with some great Spring weather over the weekend. I was able to take long walks with The Hubs, Midge and Bubba individually and then we went to the track in the evenings. I walked five miles on Saturday and was really sore but in a good way. I loved having the time with them to concentrate just on them while actually being out and moving. The weather has turned back to rain but I am so excited for summer to arrive!

I didn't have any huge dieting blunders and have been feeling pretty convicted. The Water Diet hasn't really worked out. I haven't remembered to sip 16oz of water before a single meal.

This is a normal day of eating right now.

Half & Half w/coffee - 200 calories
1c. Raisin Bran & 4oz. milk - 235 calories
1c. Homemade Beef Barley Soup - 300 calories
Orange - 70 calories
Bag of apple slices - 90 calories
Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry (no rice) - 400 calories

Total Calories - 1,295

Eating during the day is definitely easier than in the evening with my family. During the day, I can just eat the same thing every day and avoid variables. I make a pot of soup that lasts through the week and have that for lunch. If I have to eat on the go, I just fill a baggie with fresh veggies and have little 'togo' containers of Ranch to take along for an easy meal.

Dinner is a little trickier. I don't think anyone would tolerate the same meal every night for the next fifty weeks. For the most part I have been eating what I make for the family. I reduce my portion by half and if there is a starch, I don't have any or have very little. For instance, I would have pasta sauce with five pieces of penne instead of a bowl of pasta with sauce on top. If we have sandwiches during a softball game, I have half a sandwich. I get a lot of recipes from www.allrecipies.com. They provide the nutritional data for most of their recipes which is extremely helpful to me and I don't think I have made anything on the site that we haven't enjoyed.

Some days I work to cut things out so that I can have ice cream with The Hubs at the end of the day. He has been bringing a big bowl of Pub Mix to the couch, after the girls go to bed, for the last couple of nights and that is complete diet sabotage. It's unmeasured and addictive. I'm going to have to figure out how to avoid such a late in the day pitfall. Maybe I'll just go to bed. Sleep is good. Pub Mix is bad.

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me...I was going to have a piece of leftover bday cake, but now I'm just going to bed :)

    ReplyDelete