Thursday, May 13, 2010

Miracle Water Weight Loss

'Miracle Water Weight Loss' was what the headline at the grocery store read ...... or something like that. It was a cheap magazine and I figured it can't get any safer than water, so I'll take a look at what they have to say.

Apparently, the fine scientists at Va. Tech (or Va something) found that if I drink 16oz of water before you eat each meal I will lose twice as much weight than if I don't. Hmmm, really? My first thought was that 16oz of water before a meal would give me some nasty heartburn but then I read more. It said to sip the water. I never would have thought of that. I usually consume all things as quickly as possible.

It seems like all the water is going to do is make me feel fuller and thus stop eating off my piled-up plate sooner. If I have already cut my food supply down to very little and I have no recollection what feeling full is actually like, I can't imagine that drinking water before I eat is going to do much for me. In fact, it kind of seems like the water could dilute my stomach acid and make digestion harder but I'll try it. Maybe, I'll become the poster fatty for the Miracle Water Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment