Sunday, October 2, 2011

First benefit of shrinking

I went to church today without the hubs and decided to sit somewhere besides our normal spot. Our church has a big auditorium with stadium seating. We usually sit in one of the first few rows for several reasons. One is that it helps make the church seem a little smaller and more personal. Another reason is that the seats are larger in the front rows and get smaller the further back you wander.

Today, I sat in one of the smaller seats.................. and I didn't pour into the next seat! I could barely sit in the larger chairs a month ago without getting too warm and feeling like I was way too close to the person in the next seat which was usually the hubs. I always loved when one of the Littles stayed in service so I could sit next to her and get some air space. I sat next to a stranger today and was pleased not to make contact or feel like she was leaning away from me. Woo Hoo!

I weighed in at Curves yesterday and was measured. I didn't do it at the beginning of the month so the calculations are mine, not there's, but I have lost fifteen pounds and five inches off my waist since I started on August 24th. That does give me a little extra room in the chair. I just noticed last week that on the wall at the Curves I attend, there is a list of the Top 10 Losers for every month. I realize that this probably isn't meant to be a competition (or maybe it is) but I can find motivation in most competitions so I will definitely be benefiting from this one! I fully intend to be at the top of that list for the next nine months.

I am going in for my blood draw tomorrow morning. I'm praying with all my heart that all of my numbers show improvement and that I don't need to go on medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment