Saturday, April 24, 2010

Serious Stuff Sister

First of all, I need to make very clear that I am aware of the health risks associated with being obese. I fully realize that my risk for heart disease, cancer, diabetes, infertility, depression and a plethora of other horrible things is increased because I am fat. I could never make light of that. I see my doctor with some frequency because I am terrified with every pain, strain, bump and lump. I usually feel as though my days are numbered because I am so aware of the risks of being fat.

That said, let's also establish that I didn't intend to supersize myself. I was itty bitty for much of my life. I used to run mile after mile. I loved my hours at the gym and a break in my day meant going for a walk but that changed. Babies, finances, priorities all have had an impact on my lifestyle and my weight. So here I am at 41, a wife, a stay at home mom of 3, step-mom to 1, nanny to a couple, sometimes photographer and volunteer for everything. I do love my life. I just hate being fat. Do you have something in your life that you wish wasn't there?

No comments:

Post a Comment